The tournament is held under the auspices of UEFA and involves the best representatives of the national championships. The title "Champions League" came into use in the 1992/93 season, replacing the "European Champions Cup".
How the Champions League works
There are 30 two teams in each Champions League competition. Twenty six of them qualify for the tournament automatically by winning the league title and another six qualify. The qualification consists of three preliminary rounds and the playoffs. Teams do not start immediately, representatives of more powerful leagues join the competition in later rounds. It is also worth emphasizing that there are two certain qualifying rounds:
- The Champions' Path is played by winners of state championships who are not in the top 10 of the UEFA association rankings.
- The league's authorized persons' path - played by the winners and the best teams of the championships with the highest ranking.
The main Champions League tournament consists of 2 huge steps:
- Group Step. The 32 teams are divided into 8 groups. In each of the 8 groups, they play twice (once at home and once away). The teams ranked 1st and 2nd in their groups after 6 rounds qualify for another round of competition, while the teams ranked 3rd qualify for the Euroleague (a lower ranked tournament) and the 4th place finishes the European Cup season. The group stage is played from September through December.
- Playoffs. The 16 teams that make it through the group stage qualify for the knockout round. In the 1/8th step, the draw is made so that the teams that are ranked #1 in the group step play the second place teams. These teams, which have already played together in a group, cannot play in the first round of the playoffs. In addition, representatives of the same nation are "divorced". In all of the following stages, the draw is entirely "blind". The 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 ends are played in a two-match format with the away goal rule, and the end itself consists of one meeting at a predetermined stadium.
How to bet on the Champions League
To place a bet on the UEFA Champions League game, it is enough to follow the usual method:
- Go to the bookmaker's website. Make a registration or log in if you are already registered.
- Deposit the amount you wish to bet into your own account.
- Go to "Line" if you are betting before the game, or to "Live" if the meeting is already on. There, select "Football" "Champions League".
- From the list of games, select the one you are interested in.
- Add the final to the parimatch betting review by clicking on the corresponding indicator. If you wish, add the finals of the other games you wish to bet on to the coupon.
- Select the type of bet (Single, Parlay or System) and enter the amount.
- Carefully check the data and verify the bet.